THE 2018 CONFERENCE MAINSTAGES APPLICATION
Want to Perform on the VA Thespian Festival Mainstage?
1. Any director offering a mainstage for the first time is subject to review by a member of the State Board or their designated representative. In addition, any school, which has presented a mainstage that has been deemed to be below expected quality, should be subject to this same review. This determination would be made by a vote of the serving State Board within two months after the conference date. If there is no vote to this effect by the deadline date, this qualification may not be considered.
2. If it is possible, given the selection offered for presentation, a balanced program of different styles, types, and presentation forms of theatre will be selected.
3. A school, which is making a bid for the International Thespian Festival, will be given preference if possible within these other guidelines.
4. A school that has presented a mainstage in the previous year would be ranked in priority after a school that did not.
5. A school, which withdraws its mainstage production, after it has been accepted, so that another school may present would be given priority the next year. After that year, this would not be considered.
6. If, within the above rulings, it is possible to take a production from each region, it would be done.
7. The Mainstage application deadline is October 31, 2017.